Here are our tips for creating the perfect stress-free charcuterie board:
1. Picking the right assortment of cheeses and condiments.
– Cheese variations: you want to include a variety of cheeses: firmness and texture (from soft to hard), taste (from mild to sharp), and the type of milk of each cheese (cow, sheep, goat).
– Condiments: you want to make sure you pick things that are:
- Sweet and fruity: such as: compotes, Ziyad Brand jams, Ziyad Brand honey and honeycomb, fresh fruits and dried fruits to compliment the various cheeses.
- Crunchy: such as pretzels, chips, crackers, bread sticks, bread etc.
- Briny: such as Ziyad Brand olives and pickles.
- Meaty: salami, cold-cuts, and sausages.
2. Serve-ware: nice boards of different sizes and materials (wood, slate, marble etc.) will make for an eye-catching centerpiece. Cheese knives for the various types of cheeses and serving bowls and spoons for condiments.
3. To serve: Unwrap 1 hour before serving. Bringing the cheese to room temperature brings out the cheese’s aromatics and nuances.